MY PORTFOLIO

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Team Edward

I went back to Michigan State this weekend to help the volleyball staff coach some youth "All Skills" camps. I still feel like I just graduated so how hard could this possibly be? 

Well, I got my teams, and it was all of 30 girls under 13 years old. I got stuck with the unfortunate job of picking team names for the three teams we split them into. I thought - what would girls who are 11, 12 and 13 years old get excited about....Team Edward! Team Jacob....and.....BIEBER FEVER! The girls were psyched about all of them except one. Team Edward?!?! The HORROR. This is about how our conversation went.


Them: "Team Edward? Eww"
Me: "Are you kidding me? He is so brooding and dreamy. He sparkles."
Them: "Team Jacob all the way"
Me: "Okay, he is cute, but he is like 18 or something. He's too young,"
Them: "We are 13."
Me: "Touche."


I watched Twilight (purely coincidentally) the Saturday after camps ended. Edward's hottness is confirmed, even though he is "too old" for my campers.


Christmas is right around the corner...Marley's creepy Christmas present

No comments: