MY PORTFOLIO

Monday, September 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home

So I am a bad blogger. I know I should do better about it. 


I am back home in BC for just a day or two to visit with my grandparents from Florida. I typically see or visit them at least once every six months but have been unable to as of late because of my lack of funds. They are hysterical. Just sitting and hanging out with them any time of day makes you realize how much they've seen in this life. They both have amazing comedic timing and can make any story a belly-laugher. 


I miss seeing them all the time. They live on the intercoastal of Indian Rocks Beach in FL and their back (if you don't dwell on water, this is the front) of their house is just short blocks from the Gulf of Mexico. You can walk to one of the best Crabber's in the business, Crabby Bill's, and you can fish right off of their dock (which I have - many a time). Their dock used to be my "special place," you know, the place in which your teachers teach you to escape to in your mind when things become overwhelming in the 2nd grade. 


It saddens me that my job/financial situation would prohibit me from seeing some of the people who are so very important to my life. 


I feel as if something great is on the horizon, I know I just need to make it happen. From now on, I'll be doing it for my grandparents....so hopefully soon I'll be able to get back to my special place in real life.

No comments: