MY PORTFOLIO

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bleeding Red

Well I suppose that everyone bleeds red - but during the stanley cup playoffs I become somewhat of a different person. Known to completely enrage even my closest of (blackhawk fan) friends, I have been jumping up and down and screaming from my couch for the Detroit Red Wings since I can remember. 


I remember every place I have been for each of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Typically with my dad, mom and sister Tracy, in our living room, or on a couch in the front yard of our house in college. ( I blacked out the recent loss to Pittsburgh, fortunately.)


I remember crying when I found out favorite player of all time, Vladimir Konstantinov was in a tragic, career-ending car accident. 


It took me awhile to realize just how much people outside of the state of Michigan hate our beloved Wingys. Well, it's that time of year again, and luckily, the blackhawks are on after our game, so I have fooled a couple of friends into "coming early to get good seats...." 

No comments: