MY PORTFOLIO

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I've got friends in low places

I think that was the first country song I ever heard. It was around or near my freshman year of college. Oddly enough, my family NEVER listened to country. My dad loves music, and loves old school jam bands. He loves Stevie Ray Vaughn. Maybe that's country-ish but I never heard a chord of Garth Brooks or Brooks and Dunn until I met the MSU hockey players in college. The baseball players loved country too. Strange. 


Anyway, my good friend from growing up, Frankie Ballard, who happened to be a stud baseball player at Western Michigan University, has just released his first ever country single, "Tell me you get Lonely" and it is available on itunes currently. 


I'm not going to try to sell anything to anybody on my blog, except for myself and possibly this song....


http://ax.itunes.apple.com/us/album/tell-me-you-get-lonely-single/id368389688

No comments: