MY PORTFOLIO

Monday, April 19, 2010

Music

With almost every song that I listen to (by choice) and that encompasses a lot of music, I feel the sudden urge to tell people about it. For example, posting it to my facebook profile (feels inappropriate and narcissistic) tweeting about it (okay, I totally do that -maybe narcissistic) or just generally bragging to random people about the awesome bands that I know.

I feel like music definitely empowers people. Not only in the listening to Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" after dumping a lame college boyfriend (not a real example, right?) kind of way, but also in the way that they feel cooler or better for knowing the inside scoop about some kick-ass up-and-comer. It's true. I talked up Alberta Cross to some of my most musically knowledgeable and influential friends. And Handsome Furs. That's one awesome thing about living in Chicago, or any big city. Odds are, you'll catch a sick band before 90% of the country knows who they are.

Those in the know already know about Handsome furs cause they sound a lot like Wolf Parade #2. If you like Wolf Parade and like kick-ass lyrics you're love them too.

I am obsessed with Bob Dylan right now. The reasons are obvious if you know me well. (If you don't, write me a message and I'll tell you.)

I love music. If you do too and you know something cool, send it my way. If anyone's out there.

P.S. sorry for all the parenthesis (cool word to write) and dashes (but you'll-see-more-of-them)

No comments: